Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Actual Resource Curve not fixed?

5 replies [Last post]
Brian Yung
User offline. Last seen 10 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Good day Gentlemen,

I am having difficulties trying to show an actual resource curve. It seems that every time I update the schedule, and enter new actuals for the resources, the curve changes. It seems to be taking the total actual units that I have chieved upto date and then use the resource curve assigned to it. As a result, I have an actual curve that resembles to the planned curve but with just less or more quantity.

ex:
OD = 10 days
Budgeted units = 1000 (evenly distributed)

Update: Day 2
Actual Units: 100 (100 less than the planned)

Update: Day 4
Actual Units: 400 (300 done within 2 days)

The actual resource curve will show that I have been on time and performing as planned since the beginning.

I hope this is clear enough.

Regards,
Brian

Replies

Mark Porter
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Brian,

This may be a solution to your problem...

When you are showing these curves you need to select either the Activity or resource usage options (depending on what data you’re viewing) then from the data tab, select the Display Actual and Earned Value using Financial Period data check box
Brian Yung
Good day David,

I’ve read on the "store period performance" and tried it but it still does the samething. My actual curve just takes the to-date quantiy and links it to the start of my activity regardless of the past updates.

Regards,

Brian
David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Yes. "Store period performance" is what to search for
Brian Yung
Where can I read on this topic?
Would it be in the reference manual?

Regards,

Brian
David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
You need to read up about "Store period performance", which will let you keep a separate value for each period rather than a to-date value which is always spread from actual start to the data date