Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

List of Activities, their predecessors have been met

4 replies [Last post]
Roozbeh Taheri
User offline. Last seen 7 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can you please help me in P5, how can I filter activities which their predecessors have been met . Specially for FS relationships, I wand to have a list of activities which status of their predecessors are completed.

Replies

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Roozbeh,

Try these Filters:

(Any of the following)

Where Predecessors "equals" 100
Or Activity Status "equals" Completed

HTH.

Arnold
Roozbeh Taheri
User offline. Last seen 7 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Arnold,

I tried the filter and it lists all the activites which have a predecessor (their predecessor is not blank), and are completed, while I need list of activites as follow:
1 - Their predecessors are complete.
2 - They are not started.

Also Gordon’s suggestion does not work in my case, because there are some out-of sequence completed activies which their successors’ start date is not equal to data date.

Is there any other idea if I can filter "not started" activities which their predecessors status are "completed"
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Roozbeh,

Try this Filter:

Activity Status "equals" Completed
Predecessor "is not equal to" blank

Note: Blank means do not put any value.

Arnold
Gordon Blair
User offline. Last seen 6 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Probably the quickest way is to filter for all those activities whose remaining start = the Data Date (they have nothing holding them out).

Hope this helps,

Gordon