Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 : User layout

2 replies [Last post]
K D
User offline. Last seen 15 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all.
In P6 we have 2 kind of layout : global and user layout.
What will happen to the user layout if that user was deleted ?
And can we copy data from a user (layout, filter, user preference...) to another user ?

Thanks in advance

Replies

Imran Arshad
User offline. Last seen 5 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Hi KD,

1.User Layout will be deleted if that user is deleted.So before deleting user one should save all his data and then can copy to new user.

2.Yes with admin superuser rights in P6 one can copy data from a user to another user.

Hope this will help
Imran

Andrew Dick
User offline. Last seen 8 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
K D,
If I am thinking right this morning, the user layouts will stay with the user profile until such time as that profile is deleted. I’m unsure if you could retrieve the layout files from a system folder, but I don’t think so?.

As far as transference of the layout from one user to another; all you need to do is a ‘Save As’ for the layout and select the applicable user in the ‘Available to’ drop down.

You can export and import layouts to a centralised folder, on you network.
I have used this approach in the past because due to the sometimes flaky nature of primavera, it was required to reset someone’s entire profile and therefore you lost all of your profile settings and defaults, the user could then simply import those layouts back onto their profile.

This method makes for standardisation across a group of planners as well, because you can change the layout, export it to the folder and everyone can upload it again.

Hope what I wrote helps and was correct
Andy