Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Issues

1 reply [Last post]
Imran Arshad
User offline. Last seen 5 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
I am working on P6 for last few months and trying to explore it by reading manuals.Due to security condition in Pakistan my company is unable to find any trainer who can train us here in Pakistan.
I have explored many fields my self but not sure if i am on right track & facing problems in following fields.

1.Assigning % Weight to WBS items?
2.How the progress will be added in the schedule?
3.How Time sheets can be utilised and is data updates automatically in Schedule?
4.Any other guide lines which can help me understand P6.

Looking forward to receive your kind support & guidance.

Thanks
Imran Arshad

Replies

K D
User offline. Last seen 15 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Imran.
For question 3:
Timesheets enables project team members to use the web to communicate timesheet and activity status directly to their organization’s database, regardless of their location. This ensures that project managers are always working with the most up-to-date project information, making it easier to plan resource use or resolve conflicts.
Timesheets consists of the Timesheets client, the database server that contains your organization’s projects, and the Group Server, which links the Timesheets client and database server.
Timesheets usually are deployed for sub contractor.

And updated data goes to your database server, the schedule always have latest data.

Thanks