Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P5

6 replies [Last post]
Ibrahim Bashir
User offline. Last seen 13 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have windows vista and i tried to install P5 ,but it asked me for DB configartion then it faild ,and i cant work with it??? please i need a help

Replies

Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
John,

I have sent you a message,

Mark
Sandy Matheson
User offline. Last seen 11 years 1 week ago. Offline
I doubt that, they are not even resolvoing the issues with P5
John Lawson
User offline. Last seen 11 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Ron,

Perhaps they are taken the time to sort out any "issues" that P6 has thrown up, before releasing Contractor version of P6.

Regards

John L.
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
I have just found out that this same issue holds true for Contractor. Contractor software will not work with Vista.

It seems that the current version of Contractor is Version 5 and that a Version 6 Contractor (based upon the already released P6) will not be available until March 2008. I find it very strange that it takes Primavera 6 months to release software that is merely a re-complied version of existing software.
Ibrahim Bashir
User offline. Last seen 13 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Dieter :
thank you for your reply
regards
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ibrahim
as far as I know, P5 won’t run under Vista. It will work with P6 - the current version of Primavera enterprise.
Regards
Dieter