Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planned Value Cost Calculation

3 replies [Last post]
Richard Rowberry
User offline. Last seen 3 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Is there a different calculation in the Planned Value Cost field within the activities view in P3e and the Planned Value Cost field in Projects view? In doing monthly reports, i have some variances between the two sets of figures even though the plan is the same and the baseline attached is the same.

I have checked project settings, Planned Start and Finish Dates, BL start & Finish Dates, BL costs etc. but can’t see why the two values would be different.

Cheers

Richard Rowberry

Replies

Richard Rowberry
User offline. Last seen 3 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for the posts guys - I’ll try what you say and let you know
John Jeffree
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
You also need to check that the resource planned dates coincide with the activity planned dates. Don’t forget to summarise open projects. For some reason our P3ec has stopped doing it automatically at the end of the day
James Shimmon
User offline. Last seen 13 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
It might be worth checking in the Project view to see whcih baseline is being used for earned value calculations and also which baseline is being used for summary information.

Shimmo