Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Error message

4 replies [Last post]
ladi sodipo
User offline. Last seen 7 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
i just installed P6 as a standalone on my PC, but everytime i try to log in i get this error message ’Licensed named users is less than configured Named users.
Please use the Users dialog under the Admin menu in Primavera to correct the problem. Please see readme.txt for more information’. i have no idea what this means and if it’s going to affect my scheduling. Can anybody HELP.

Replies

sabin
User offline. Last seen 13 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None

hi to everybody.
although i see is quit an old topic I'm facing now the same issue: ’Licensed named users is less than configured Named users. Please use the Users dialog under the Admin menu in Primavera to correct the problem. Please see readme.txt for more information’. i have no idea where to find this path indicated above by Ahmet:"Admin -> Users then select Licensing tab, and delete Named user licenses and mark the Concurrent licenses." i've tried in all folders created by primavera and no luck.
to be mentioned that my system is w7 ultimate.
appreciate your help,
sabin

Johny Kesserwany
User offline. Last seen 7 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Integration API - Total Named Users Exceed Licensed maximum users.

Cause: There are more users checked to run the API then the License file allows.

Fix: Go to Help, About Project Manger, select the Contact tab. Review the License Summary to see the number of users licensed to use the API.

Fix: Go to Admin, Users, select the License tab. Scroll through each user to see which users are checked to run the API. This number can not exceed the limit from the license file.

Un-check the API checkboxes until the number of user equals the license limit.

JK
ladi sodipo
User offline. Last seen 7 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Johny,
just did that and when i try to close out, i get an error message ’Project management- total named users exceed licensed maximum users’, Pls advise.
Johny Kesserwany
User offline. Last seen 7 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Based on Primavera Knowledgebase :

Problem: Licensed named users is less than configured named users when launching P6 (Project Management 6.0).

Problem: P6 Sample data contains users with assigned licensing.

Cause: When installing P6 and selecting to include sample data, it creates 3 users (Bruce, Jeff and Chuck) which are granted licensing. Each of these users is assigned named licensing for Project Management, Team Member, myPrimavera Projects, myPrimavera Portfolios and myPrimavera Portfolios.

If you apply a license to the database, with only 1 or 2 licenses available, you will get this error when going into Admin, Users since 3 users have licenses by default, but only 2 or less are available. Basically, if the license that was loaded does not contain 4 seats, you will receive the message.

Fix: This known problem in Project Management 6.0 (P6) is currently under review and may be corrected in a future release. If you would like to let Primavera know that your company is experiencing this issue, please select the "Send us your feedback and comments by creating a support incident here" link below.

Fix: Workaround:

Remove the license from the default users.

To remove licenses from these users:

Go to the users menu via Admin, Users.
Highlight one of the users (Bruce, Chuck, or Jeff) and click on the licensing tab.
Remove all checkboxes for each of these users.
NOTE - This error may also occur if the license file contains a Concurrent User license for PM. If the error exists after following the workaround above, switch the ’admin’ user from a Named license to a Concurrent license.

Fix: The license has concurrent licensing for Project Management and the Admin login has a check mark in the Named User column.

Place a check mark in the Concurrent User column to replace the one in the Named User column.

Good luck!
JK