Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P5 Organize By Activity Code

5 replies [Last post]
Hemanth Kumar
User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have a standalone PC with P5
I deleted all my current projects
I Imported one project to p5 (.xer)
I cant organize it with activity codes
I opened the project and i can see the activity codes in the bottom box of every activities,
but when i organize the band says NO "xxx" No"yyy" etc

solutions please

Replies

Hemanth Kumar
Dear Ahmet

Sometimes before , one guy’s solution to every planning problem was " Spider Project" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

99% planners are smart

Ahmet Cetin
User offline. Last seen 9 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
My intention is not to promote my forum, just to help. If you check the forum messages here, you can see I try to help people as much as possible. I’m just suggesting to post screenshots in PrimaveraTools forum to see where the problem is, as you don’t have possibility to post screenshots or to attach any file to the message here. It’s upto you in the end.
Hemanth Kumar
Thank You Mark for your try
But I sorted it out
i made code as global
so codes became suffixed by "1"
ie "area" became "area1"

then i organized with the new codes
it worked

But irony is that for subsequent project imports there was no problem with the codes

and to Mr Ahmet please dont promote your forum here,
if you have any solutions offer right here.

Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
I suspect the imported activity codes have gone in as "project" activity codes where you possibly have this table set up already under "global". Your layouts are probably pointing to the "global" version and not the "project".

A bit of time is required re-pointing the "project" to "global" or changing layouts to view the "project" data.
Ahmet Cetin
User offline. Last seen 9 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Hemanth,

Normally it shall work with your description. Can you post the screenshots to the PrimaveraTools.com forums? Then I can try to help you.

Regards,

Ahmet Cetin

Visit PrimaveraTools.com
Primavera Tools, Forum, Tutorials, Outlook Plugin