Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 - Fix Pack 1

12 replies [Last post]
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Primavera Project Management P6 has released Fix Pack 1.

Issues resolved by this Fix Pack:

prim54318: 6.0 Report Editor does not show the proper cell properties. When creating a new report, the Report Editor does not show the proper properties for a cell.

prim55335: Baseline Variance Start Date and Baseline Variance Finish Date are calculating incorrectly.
At the activity level, Baseline Variance Start Date and Baseline Variance Finish Date are calculating incorrectly:

Start - BL Start = Baseline Variance Start Date
Finish - BL Finish = Baseline Variance Finish Date

They should be:

BL Start - Start = Baseline Variance Start Date
BL Finish - Finish = Baseline Variance Finish Date

Replies

Ahmet Cetin
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Susan,

If you mean showing % complete in Gannt chart by "progress line", it is possible. I’ve posted how to do it with screenshots in PrimaveraTools.com. Please check the following url:

http://www.primaveratools.com/Forum/tabid/132/forumid/3/postid/36/view/topic/Default.aspx

Hope this helps,

Ahmet Cetin

Visit PrimaveraTools.com
Primavera Tools, Forum, Tutorials

Ahmet Cetin
The concurrent licensing scheme will be eliminated in time. As they have quite many concurrent users already, it is not easy to switch, but you can expect sooner or later having only named user license.

For maintenance, I believe Primavera is really fair policy for it. Even if you don’t renew your maintenance, and when you want to upgrade to the new version, you are paying the past maintenances and you get the new license. But maximum you are paying for 3 years maintenance (60% of license price - 2 years for the past, 1 year for the next year), at least it was like that until recently. Anyway, you shall confirm with your regional PAR (Primavera Authorized Representative).

Ahmet Cetin

Visit PrimaveraTools.com

Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 15 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Agreed Ronald. Until P6 it differed between the E&C version and the others as to how it was calculated, but first year maintenance was always mandatory. "Included" in the E&C version, "broken out" (to use your words) but still mandatory in the others. But then that difference resulted in a different result when later years were calculated. That anomaly has been eliminated in the P6 pricing, so that’s why it also appears as "broken out" now for E&C. It’s simply now consistent with the other pricing.

In any event, there’s no sinister intent in using the words "including maintenance", it serves to indicate that a user gets immediate maintenance without any further cost until the optional renewal after 12 months. Not all software has that policy. That’s not to say any one way is "better" than any other, it’s IMO rather that because there are such differences one needs to know.

Yes I confess I didn’t volunteer the Named User base price, because Primavera doesn’t publish that on their website. Just keeping my nose clean! :-)
Ronald Winter
Arthur,

I love that bit about, ”including maintenance.” The price of P4/P5 has ALWAYS included maintenance. It has never NOT included maintenance. In fact, even now that Primavera is breaking-out the cost of the first year of maintenance from the price of its software, the fact is that all customers are REQUIRED to purchase the first year’s maintenance when they purchase the software. You don’t have the option to not purchase the first year’s maintenance. “Marketers Run Amok” is what I label this.

I note that you forgot to actually say what this lower price for Level 4 would be. I guess that it is a secret.
Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 15 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
That price quoted by Ronald ($5040) is the "U.S. list price" of Level 4 (the highest level) of P6, including the first year of maintenance. It includes the Windows client programs and the full browser-based interface. But that price is for a Concurrent User licence, which is in any event only available for the E&C version. All the versions have a Named User licensing option Level 4 for, which is a much lower cost. So Named User is the obvious choice for a standalone. And it will also be the most cost-effective for many server-based installations, depending on how many of the prospective users require access at the same time.

I think it may be too early to speculate with 100% confidence as to if or when the Windows client program will disappear. It obviously depends a lot on available bandwidth, and not all countries are at the level of (say) the U.S.
Johny Kesserwany
User offline. Last seen 7 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Susan,

They don’t have that in P6 yet. It was added to the enhancement request!

Regards
JK
Susan Young
User offline. Last seen 11 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

For those of you who have seen P6, can you confirm if the "progress line" function is included in P6?
This is missing in P5.

Thanks

Ahmet Cetin
Hello Ronald,

P7 will not be web-only, Primavera still supports windows client. To install and configure P5 or P6, you need windows client license. After P7, you only won’t need to have seperately windows client license to configure Primavera. That means, if anyone who wants to use only web interface, they won’t pay for a license that they will never use. But if you are using windows client, you can still continue to use it.

Hope this helps,

Ahmet Cetin

Visit PrimaveraTools.com
Ronald Winter
Alexandre,

Please understand that I do not work for Primavera. I am just a user of their software.

P6 installs much in the same manner as P5 did. A stand-alone option is still available. That is how I run it. It is rumored that P7 will be web-based only (even if you are running a stand-alone.) I think that would be a big mistake; I am a Scheduler, not a wanta-be Web Meister.

I am on maintenance and thus did not purchase P6 directly but simply ’upgraded.’ I am told that Primavera has increased prices by 26% for complete copies of P6. In the States, this comes to $5,040(US.) I am told that prices are higher outside of the States.

Good luck!
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Ronald
Thank you very much. I’ll try to get it today.
Regards
Dieter