Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

5.0 service pack upgrade

5 replies [Last post]
Shane Harding
User offline. Last seen 18 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
I have not installed this upgrade pack on my system yet.

I was curious to who has already done this, and what negative/positive results have came about.

I am a little skeptical in installing this because of how troublesome it is/was to install the program from the beginning.

Thanks,

Shane

Replies

Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 12 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
I installed SP2 and it is ok.
Frank Borcherdt
User offline. Last seen 7 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I’m in a similar position. Client is has upgraded several times and is currently running SP1. I have installed SP2 on a single workstation in a test environment that appears solid. Interested in any "issues" that should make us reconsider the move to SP2. Our intention is to create a new databse and XER the data from SP1 to SP2 given we have many "orphaned" records when I take single projects through this path.

All suggestion and comments on your experience with SP2 welcome.
Peter Holroyd
User offline. Last seen 1 week 6 days ago. Offline
Yes, SP2 works Ok
Fixes for me
the Orphaned records problem in exchanging XER files (yes we are still using Pv5.0 stand alone until IT fix XP Server problems)
displaying total float for completed activities (yes it does!)
Shane Harding
User offline. Last seen 18 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
I’m sorry for not going into further detail. My software has the SP1 already included, but Primavera already has a SP2 out as well. I read the Patch Overview and did not see anything that would cause me to believe that it is a critical patch. Has anybody installed the SP2? And if so, do you see any bugs that were fixed because of it?
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 12 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
I suggest u to install SP1 for P5 release.

It is important to install all SPs available for Primavera Softwares.

Regards.