Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

difference between MSP 2007 & P3 e/c

6 replies [Last post]
Gaurav Chawla
User offline. Last seen 13 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi guys,
I just want to know the difference between MSP 2007 & P3 e/c. Just want to calculate which is better??

Replies

Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
I completely concur with the previous contributor.

Although one could argue that drawing pictures is a lot easier than creating schedules.

H.T.H.

P.S. The NASA document mentioned earlier, refers to a pre-3.5 version of P3e, it is definitely not a bad document but a lot has happened in the meantime. On the Primavera side, that is....
Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 10 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
ones a toy and one does planning/project controls properly

guess which one!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha ha
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Gaurav,

If you give me your e-mail address i will send you a review of enterprise level planning software that cover P3e, MSP2002 Server and Open Plan 2.6.

Its been done by NASA in 2002 but still gives the benefits and risks of choosing Microsoft or Primavera and looks at their integration with SAP.

Oliver
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Gaurav

Niek is absolutely right in what he wrote in his post, so there ist no need to add more items - just another point of view. Have you ever seen sales presentations for both products? Never I saw a MSP presentation with a server installation and live data to be modified on spectator’s request. Always it was Powerpoint to be - perfectly - presented. Primavera presents the original software.

Good luck with your decision!

Dieter
Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Gaurav,

These products are miles apart and should not be compared, at least that’s how I see it, knowing both products quite well.

Please read my (rather long) post under the "Primavera Grumbles" discussion topic in this same forum category.

H.T.H.