Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 to P5 migration

3 replies [Last post]
Skye Mills
User offline. Last seen 16 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Does anybody know of a report or a presentation that clearly demonstrates the stratgey required for a company when/contemplating migrating from P3 to P5.

System Architecture - a world wide Company with Projects in many locations

Legal implications for projects awarded in P3.1 - should these be migrated or left alone

Training

any help or advise

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
I had a few Business Case written. PM me, I can send you some presentation on that area

Cheers

Alex
Skye Mills
User offline. Last seen 16 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Alex

great advice

Top of the List - Establish and Implementation Committee

Though would still like somebody to show me a strategy document they have produced

thanks
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Skye I had migrated 3 major P3 -> P3e system in the past. My overall suggestion is to get a professional. Prepare for a lot of resistance from existing P3 users (But not new users) - Change management will help you go thought that. Just do a 100% P3 replicate first before you roll out all the new feastures for the existing users. Training. Lots of them and do not look back no matter how difficult it becomes. Because you only have one chance. Legal Implication - this is pretty much project to project bases. You have to identify these projects and seek agreement with the client. Of couse you can still maintain some silo projects, but they have to import back to the main stream @ end of each month for progress reporting. Good luck and find a good migration expert that had actual experiences because this is a key success factor and if you implement it correctly, it will save you lots of problem down the track and visualize the benefits a lot sooner. Alex