Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Transfering schedules from P5.0 to P3

2 replies [Last post]
Abhijeet Ranadhir
User offline. Last seen 10 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Did any one get any success in transfering the schedules from P 5.0 to P3. I use P 5.0 and my client uses P3. So I have to export all my schedules from P 5.0 to P3 before I send them. But in this process I loose some information like durations on some activities and also get General Fault protection error in P3 when I try to edit the calendar of the exported schedule. Please Adivice.

Replies

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
P5 does not support “Interruptible Activities” while P3 does. Change your P3 setting to “Continuous Activities” to make them match. If other durations do not match, then you will need to be more specific on activity types and resource definitions for us to help you further.

The way to ‘cure’ the calendar problem is to copy your P3 schedule to a second schedule (using P3 Project Utilities / Copy) and use the copy. This will clean-up anything that slipped-by in the conversion process. Report the error to Primavera and maybe they will fix it in time for their next yearly version. Good luck!
Hady Shendy, PMP
User offline. Last seen 12 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
go back to the manuls come with the program