Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PRIMAVERA Version 5

4 replies [Last post]
Jagathnarayanan A...
User offline. Last seen 11 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
I wish to know from users of the SQL server as to what are some of the best uses.

Regards Angyan

Replies

Jagathnarayanan A...
User offline. Last seen 11 years 1 week ago. Offline
Thanks,

I am also not sure as to the various uses and now trying to learn
Armando Moriles
User offline. Last seen 16 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks David...
You can check out/check in projects either onto a laptop or onto any storage media.
Armando Moriles
User offline. Last seen 16 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Angyan,

I was using using 3.1, then P3e and using Version 5 for about 4 months now.Actually, I’m not really familiar with SQL servers but what I only observed is that using the SQL server V5, database processing is very fast which unlike using the GDB file it was very slow as the number of activities increased which in my experience at a maximum of 5,000 activities. Using also the GDB database files before P3e I had experienced 2 times wherein my database was corrupted due to power failure and could not access my file anymore.

My question also right now is when I need to go on project site where I could not work having no access or connection to our server. You have any idea how to do it?

Thanks.