Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Keeping Collapsed Levels in a view

2 replies [Last post]
Simon Hegarty
User offline. Last seen 8 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
In p3e Version 4.1 I have tried saving a view
with some of the Tasks summarised, however when I go back
into the same view, the Tasks are all expanded to the lowest level detail again.

Is there a way around this so that you can set your view to retain the expanded or collapsed areas you have specified?

Replies

Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 12 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
If u are summarising by wbs, try to go on group and sort, choose wbs, unselect "indent", choose the level u want and save the layout. It will retain.

Regards.
Julie Scully
User offline. Last seen 16 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
I can’t remember if V4.1 has the ’collapse to level...’ feature. But unfortunately layouts don’t save with information summarised to different levels. For example, it will save with all levels collapsed, but if you expand one of those bands and then save - it shows all the detail. In V5 it has a similar problem, although you can save it collapsed to level 2 or level 4, but again if you expand one of those levels it won’t save properly.

HTH
Julie