Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P5 Resource Assignment

6 replies [Last post]
Giannis Kostis
User offline. Last seen 17 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have just migrated from P3 to P5 E/C and I am facing a problem in resource assignment.

In my schedule in P3 I had a resource "CONCRETE", and I used MS Excel to calculate (and then import back to P3) the required quantity (BQ) according to the building type.

This is a procedure that I cannot quite handle using P5.

Any good advice on handling budget quantity?

Thanks in advance

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi

You can use the importing function to update the resource. You do need to learn exactly how to do it.

I had a special tool that help me to do all that including update resource, project cod, create activities with loaded resource...

It is really useful if you dont want to know how to do SDK and VBA programming

Alex
Abhijeet Ranadhir
User offline. Last seen 10 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Dayanidhi, When you say you can modify the resource, do you mean I can delete the existing and replace with another? Because when I tried doing this by exporting the resources and resource assignments to excel and imported the same excel file after replacing a resource on one of the activity. But all it did was added the new resource but the previous one is still there. So again my question is can I relpace a resource by adding a new one and deleting the old using SDK?
Luiz Eduardo
User offline. Last seen 18 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Where can i find this "Activity4.xls"?

Thanks
Luiz E.
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
There is an EXCEL file(Activity4.xls)available from Primavera website; using SDK modules(VBA)you can talk with the Primavera resources, you can get the resources, and modify it and set the resources in P5 via the same Excel file. I hope this will save your time.
Giannis Kostis
User offline. Last seen 17 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Is it possible to export Budgeted units from P5 when the resource has been defined as material ?

Thanks
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Gianis,

I’m practising Pv5.0.

I’m encoding the resource assignement, the old way, one by one.

regards,

charlie