Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Budget Units Column

3 replies [Last post]
Zafar Manzoor
User offline. Last seen 17 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi everyone,

I have another problem. I remember in P3 3.1 we used to organze/group activities by resources and add one column for budgeted units to modify the resource units for each activity in the main layout.

I am not able to do this in P5. In the activity detail window, resources tab there is one column named "budgeted units". Can I bring this column to the main layout after grouping activities with respect to resources?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Zafar

Replies

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 2 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Zafar,

You cannot do this in any Activity layout in P5, BUT you can do it in the resource asignment view. This is the equivalent of "Format Organise" by resource in P3 3,1.
Zafar Manzoor
User offline. Last seen 17 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Julie and David. I was able to get the required column in Resource Assignments window. Its a bit weird, the way this software works, but nontheless things are working out one way or the other, so I am a happy customer again, atleast for the time being.

Cheers

Zafar
Julie Scully
User offline. Last seen 16 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Zafar

You need to add the column ‘budgeted labour units’ to your layout. There are 3 types of resources in P5 - labour, non-labour and materials. And unfortunately you need to use UDFs to get the ’total budgeted units’ in a column.

Cheers
Julie