Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Budgeted Costs

3 replies [Last post]
Emma Seaton
User offline. Last seen 10 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi

When I enter a budgeted cost against £GBP in the resource layout and then change the dates or add a cost curve (for example) the budgeted cost gets reset to zero. Is there any way to prevent this? Is it a case of entering dates and curves before cost, or have I to adjust a setting somewhere. It’s getting annoying because I thought I entered a cost, only to have to do it again!

Thanks

Emma

Replies

Emma Seaton
User offline. Last seen 10 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for your replies guys.

Bill, thanks - your suggestion worked! I couldn’t find the Cost Units Linked until I went to Knowledgebase and found that it was because I’d not got the column showing in the resource tab! Duh!! Now that I have all problems are solved and I shall have a very happy day - well better than Friday!!

Cheers

Emma
Mohammed Abo El Magd
User offline. Last seen 14 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
Emma
You may avoid that by two ways,
1- You have to enter the units & prices in the resource directory (resource pool) , Units & Price Tape. Then assign this resource to its activity. By this way it will not reset to zero again. Because the Budgeted cost will be calculated by P3e according to the formula (BC = Price/Unit * Budgeted Unites) . If you obliged for any reason to change the Price/Unite in the recourse tape in the activity details , you have to do the following,
o Go to tools menu.
o Choose Recalculate assignment cost.
2- Do not change dates by dragging the activity. Depend on Schedule to do that.

Please give me the feedback.

Regards
Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
If you are not tracking units, you can uncheck "cost units linked". This is set for each assignment in the resources tab.

Regards,
Bill