Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

spending plan tally

7 replies [Last post]
Amir Dadbakhsh
User offline. Last seen 3 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
dear friends

p3e has two different fields 1- spending plan 2- spending plan tally
every one knows what spending plan is
and p3e’s help describe spending plan tally clearly
(as describe in primavera help, in spending plan tally field shows old spending plan)
but it does not work as it is described in help
suppose i made an sample plan and make spending plan for it, then i start project but when i change spending plan,nothing happend.
if anyone knows how spending plan works,it’s pleasure to have his/her knowledge on this topic

Replies

Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
My pleasure Amir,

I hope the answers are useful to you.

Just a couple of additional points on the tally’s:

myPrimavera uses the tally’s to do Return On Investment (ROI) calculations at the project level (NPV, payback period) based on an annual discount rate.

Futhermore these tally’s can be handy when integration with (for instance) SAP is established because these systems typically work with monthly budget ’buckets’.

Best regards,

Niek.
Amir Dadbakhsh
Dear my friend, Niek
that’s very nice of you to share your knowledge with me and other readers. i’ll use your guide and if i face the problem I’ll write it here and hope you give me more guide.
also i wish that everybody understands we are here to learn and share our knowlede with together and planning planet is not a literature website where makes some body be able to show off his dictionary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i’ll be glad to hear from you more.
best regards
Amir
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
I suggest you look up the word "tally" in a good dictionary, as a sailor we used tallies to see how many people returned, in case the was people lost. In the mines the same system was used.

The chambers dictionaryquotes, "A stick with notches to keep numbers or accounts"

The general idea is to know the status of what is going on, and not a final account.

If you do not understand a word or terminology, try a dictionary or theasaurus as the first help
Amir Dadbakhsh
Dear friends

i wrote the wrong sentece!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does spending plan tally work?

regards
Amir
Amir Dadbakhsh
Dear Niek
P3e gives the ability to manage cost from top to down.
and spending plan is not related to schedule, it will be filled base on som prediction or etc
but iam looking for the way to find that ...
how does spending plan work?
as i described in base topic i tried many way to find it’action but unfortunetly i couldn’t find it
Niek Zonneveld
Amir,

The spending plan is not related to your schedule in any way, so your spending plan is static top-down estimate in that respect. What would you like/expect it to do?

Regards,

Niek.
Niek Zonneveld
Amir,

If you are looking for the data to populate your tally you should just create your schedule, load you resources and costs, and then run a time distributed report on total planned costs by monthly intervals. (you’ll need to copy/paste the data from the report into the tally for each WBS element where you want to do that exercise)

If this doesn’t answer your question please rephrase it because then I don’t understand where you get stuck (if that translates).

Cheers,

Niek.