Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

New P3e/c Update

2 replies [Last post]
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
There is a new update for P3e/c users called Version 3.5, Build Number 10004. Apparently, it was released January 2003 (although I just noticed it posted yeaserday.) The update does the following,

- Fixes Alt-key access in HTML editing.
- Fixes Notebook control when switching between activities.
- Fixes minor security problems with the EPS and WBS nodes.
- Fixes Mandatory Constraints problems.
- Fixes problems with Expected Finish constraints.
- Fixes Time Distributed Cost Account reports.
- Fixes problems with access when in report generator.

This update release is apparently limited to P3e/c and not for P3e or Teamplay. Registered P3e/c users can obtain a download of PM.EXE at www.primavera.com in their Knowledgebase Support section.

Replies

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am of the understanding that P3e/c Version 3.5 fixes all known conversion issues from P3 and P3e (or P3e/c.) I have tested this quite thoroughly and do not know of any issues other than the fact that features in P3e/c not found in P3 are not exported or are placed in User Fields in P3.

As long as you run SureTrak in P3 compatibility mode, there should be no problems with SureTrak reading and writing to P3 files created by P3e/c.

This isn’t the final say on this very complex issue. I am always willing to change my mind. Does anyone out there know of any specific issues? I would be happy to look into them for you.
Ali Vessali
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Ronald;

Do you now how we can use P3e/c and SureTrak in one environment? As far as I know there are some problems in compatibility of these two applications. Please correct me if Im wrong.

Regards,
Ali