Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 Manual

8 replies [Last post]
Brian Mitton
User offline. Last seen 10 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
G’day Guys,

Any one got a P3 operating manual in .pdf for me?

Much appriciated.

Cheers

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Rodel & Raviraj,

I have previously asked Primavera if they were happy for us to share electronic copies of the manual but they have never responded, so I am having to decide for myself. If they ever do get back to me, I’ll be more than happy to change my position. -I don’t like denying fellow planners useful information.

Even if the document is / was given away freely, Primavera retained the copyright protection.

My understanding is that if we share links to primavera’s ftp site, that is not copyright infringement. If we share links to Primavera’s copyrighted documentation held on sites Primavera do not control, that is.

I believe Primavera no longer wish to make the P3 manual available for download, since it has been removed from their ftp site.

I am no expert in copyright law, and am happy to be proved wrong.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi Gary,
Just for curiosity, if Primavera is protecting their copyrighted books why they open the port for public use ex: Primavera Docs Public and you can Google it.
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Gary,

I dont know, what the link was, but P3 manual was available for free download on primavera’s website from last so many years.

So, if the link is from primavera’s ftp site, there is no copyright violation in sharing the link. If there is any copyright issue is there, then they must have asked for serial number or something like that to check weather the user is having genuine software or not?

Here’s the definition from wikipedia of copyright violation

Copyright infringement (or copyright violation) is the unauthorized or prohibited use of works covered by copyright law, in a way that violates one of the copyright owner’s exclusive rights, such as the right to reproduce or perform the copyrighted work, or to make derivative works.

P6 manuals are also available on primavera’s ftp site and anybody and everybody can download the manual without any password or condition weather he is using primavera or not.

Here’s the link for P6 manual:
http://ftp.primavera.com/docs/6.0/ConstEng/

Since, PP is having tie-up with oracle and you are one of the moderators, will you please confirm with oracle regarding teh copyright issue. If there is no such issue, keep the links so that PP members can avail the facilities and PP can live with its words of "For the Planners By the Planners"
Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Rodel,

This document is copyrighted. -Do you have written permission from Primavera to share it like this?

On the assumption that you do not, I have removed the links. This site does not support copyright theft.
Rodel Marasigan
No worries Brian,
Here is another one.
[LINK REMOVED BY GARY W]
Brian Mitton
User offline. Last seen 10 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Cheers Rodel...thanks for your response.
Rodel Marasigan
Hi Brian,
Click Link below to download P3 manual.
[LINK REMOVED BY GARY W]
Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hi Brian

Have a look of it and you can purchase related books too

http://www.eh.com.au/downloads_completed_workshops.html