Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing DBF File in P3

2 replies [Last post]
ATIF ALI
User offline. Last seen 14 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All
I am having problem with Import in P3.1
i defined a Activity Code as "Priority" & when i work on DBF file & assign values(1,2,3..) & want to import in P3 then it create problem of empty Space bcauz of right alignment of number on DBF file. I have tried to format the number as text, aligning left, triming the column, but all these not working & when i save & reopen the file its still in same format on DBF( not with simple xls).
This sort of Data if i am able to import even then on Activity code Column it starts with 2-3 Blank spaces which create problem if that activity code is defined for 2-3 digits only due to limitation of length of digit in Activity Code

Regards,

ATIF

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 days 17 hours ago. Offline
Try opening your dbase file using Excel ==>> File/Open/File type : dbase files

Then edit your values within Excel, save as an Excel document and then import from Excel document.

You can also try exporting activities Id’s to Excel, add the columns and their data as you need and then import back the files as to have the field vales matchup you are looking for.
Anbin Ponnith
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Hai Atif
I Cant Get Clearly your Actual Requirement
U Can Try Using RA Appication
1.Project.Xls
2.Activity.Xls
For Export&Import

Regards
Anbin Ponnith