Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

resource loading per month

2 replies [Last post]
Gün Göksu
User offline. Last seen 2 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,

Do you know how can a modify (or reach the underlying SQL of) the resource loading reports?

I couldnt find the P3 reports under Infomaker.

I couldnt write the SQL query under access to show the distribution of the resource per month.

I’d really be gratefull if anyone could show me a way out.

Thank you.
Göksu

Replies

Gün Göksu
ok solved it by myself. posting here so someone trying to do the same thing will find it.

under access, set query tables ACT and RES to link (8->1) on ACTID (result: qr_res).

also create a table with all dates (daily) in range (not very elegant) (result: tb_dates).

then do a crosstab transpose with the result tables with
dates as row heading,
ResID as column heading,
BQperDay: Sum([BudgetQuantity]/([ef]-[es]+1))
dates criteria >=[qr_res].[es] And <=[qr_res].[ef]

the resulting SQL should be something like this:

TRANSFORM Sum([BudgetQuantity]/([ef]-[es]+1)) AS BQ1
SELECT tb_dates.dates
FROM qr_res, tb_dates
WHERE (((qr_res.ResID) Like "mhxc*") AND ((tb_dates.dates)>=[qr_res].[es] And (tb_dates.dates)<=[qr_res].[ef]))
GROUP BY tb_dates.dates, tb_dates.dates
PIVOT qr_res.ResID;

beware, you will probably need to do a filter on a ResID or other to limit the run as it takes like forever. :/

hope for the best, plan for the worst.
Göksu
Gün Göksu
there is an example of a similar graph in the CD that is using Ra.

I need to use ODBC.

Also Ra example is for one RES or ALL but no example for selection. How do we define the selection?