Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project Percent complete

7 replies [Last post]
Zameer Jeff
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello friends

I get schedule reports but I do not know how to get a report which tells how much percentage of whole project is completed.

Thanks

Replies

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
make sure that you understand how your Percent Complete was reckoned
Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 3 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Zameer ,
That depends on how you want to see the total percent complete , if u want to see in all the levels , then u have to select top in all the levels , if you want to see the total complete of the project then u have to select "top" only in the topmost level.
HTH
Deb
Zameer Jeff
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks for your help guys.

I am working on Pranab option to get a percent complete report for the project .when I go to organize in group by column I have Level 1, Level 2 and level 3.
Please let me know that in Total column do I have to select “Top” for all three levels(Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3)

Thanks
Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 3 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
hello zameer,
Use format>organize>work break down , and then select Top in total , u should be getting the subtotal at the highest wbs level for percent complete ,
regards
deb
ulysses garcia
User offline. Last seen 13 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Ravi has answer your question in some sort, im in doubt if it meets your needs.
You need to present your report to expect the audience to undestand.
first,make a baseline in p3 as target, then decide what algorithm to compute % complete, is it physical, unit, or duration, allocate either MH or cost. the go to menu.. report > cost/resources,then print
i hope it helps
regards.

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
For the overall project - percent complete, take the LEVEL 1 print-out. Its a part of monthly report submission in most of the orgz’s.

In the percent complete column, it will show % complete.

In the footer, (If the finish date is not imposed) it will show the updated completion date.

Cheers,