Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Updating Targets

3 replies [Last post]
Jonathan Ward
User offline. Last seen 12 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
morning Ladies/Gents,
dont know if this is possible,, i have a target(Baseline) Schedule that i would like to up-date, by this i mean, i have added one or two new activities to my ’current’ schedule that are not on the Target, i understand how to up-date the entire Target but i would just like to add the two new activities to the Target without effecting the other activities already present,,, can this be done?
many thanks
Jon

Replies

muhammad dawood
User offline. Last seen 4 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
hi Jnathan:
i think u can update the schedule after adding the new activities and rescheduling the new target then update

if u using p3e u have to copy the old target and adding new activities the rescheduling again

if u using p5 u adding the new activities and making new basline then comparing btween new and old baslines then update the schedule
Jonathan Ward
User offline. Last seen 12 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
thats great, thanks Rodel
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi Jon,

Yes it can be done. Open your target project and add new activities and close. When you open your actual project assumming that it is also updated, the new added activities on target should be shown on your schedule together with your actual project.