Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

resource calendars

2 replies [Last post]
Benny Lam
User offline. Last seen 16 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear All Planners,

I am starting to creat a AON network in P3.

The network’s detail:
- only one type of resource: Labour
- total amount of resource = 4

Question 1:

Could I set different resource calendars if i just use one type of resource???

Calendar 1 --> first 2 Labour (i.e. Labour 1 & 2): 6 working days/week (from Monday to Saturday)
Calendar 2 --> last 2 Labour (i.e. Labour 3 & 4): 5 working days/week (from Monday to Friday)

Question 2:

Case 1 (both 2 calendars)
If a activity requires all labours, the working days should be 5 working days/week

Case 2 (calendar 1 or 2 only)
If a activity just requires one or two labours, the working days should be depended on their own calendar (5 or 6 working days/week).

Is there any way to automatically arrange the number of resources for each activity, no matter what the resource calendar is involved???

I hope anybody can help,

Thanks!

Replies

Benny Lam
User offline. Last seen 16 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Paul,
Thanks for your kind help.
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
Question 1

Benny

Each resource may only have one calendar. For the resource to schedule with a calendar it must be Independent or Meeting Task Type.

Question 2
You may use Global change to change the quantity o resources. You need to understand the Autocost rules before you use this function.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au