Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

levelling of resources

4 replies [Last post]
sunil kumar
User offline. Last seen 14 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
once i do levelling of a particular resource... and scheduling it will again come to where i started... how can i retain the schedule as it is( i mean levelled schedule)

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Echo.......................

Back to the original question

What I normally do is to save a copy of the levelled schedule as a target schedule for later reference.

In addition, the reason that you don’t really need to keep the schedule becasue each time the senario changes you will need to re-level your schedule base on the new conditions. What you however need to save is your levelling setup.
Priority, Float control...

HTH

Alex
Zhang Haixiang
User offline. Last seen 3 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Sunil,

I agree with Ronald. Creat a custon data item to store leveled date for reference.

and be careful using constraints. After updating your schedule, you’d better re-schedule and re-leveling, because critical path/total float/free float may change, the result of leveling will also change.
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
It is easy to remember scenarios. Create Custom Data Fields for the Early Dates and then use global edit to transfer the leveled dates into this new field. Done! Good luck.
Hemanth Kumar
User offline. Last seen 1 year 14 weeks ago. Offline
Not Possible My Friend
Levelling gives scenarios
if you want to retain dates note it down and constrain activities