Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

BUDGET QUANTITY?

6 replies [Last post]
DOROTEO CALIMLIM
User offline. Last seen 16 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Normally Budget quantity was based on the man-hours(budgeted). I want to include the budget qunatity also interms of materials. How Can I Show This in the P3? I have tried to load it once but then, it will add up to the budgeted man-hr, I want to have a seperate Budget for Man-Hr and Quantity of Materials and Equipment

Replies

Christian Adrian ...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Yes Doroteo... If you don’t mind clarifying your question "How can I show it in P3?"

Do you want to show it graphically? or do you want it in tabular form?..

Regards

Christian
Brennan,
there is such thing as the physical volume (quantity) of work. I suspect that Doroteo asked about this. Physical volume of work can be measured in different units and sometimes it is measured as the quantity of materials (concrete as an example). Different volume units are used on different activities and so what? It does not prevent to estimate the physical quantity of the work for each activity (budgeted, actual, etc.).
Of course there may be many materials that are used on each activity. It is not a problem if to show them in the different columns.
I understood the question - if it can be done in P3?
Maybe Doroteo will clarify if the question was understood.
Regards,
Vladimir
Brennan Westworth
User offline. Last seen 7 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
hmmmm is there an echo in here?

helloooooo

hellooo

hello
Raja Izat Raja Ib...
User offline. Last seen 13 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Doroteo,
Yes, U can create your own calculation to get budget quantities using global change, by creating another column using custom data item.
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi

When you define a resource you can define its unit of quanitity as well. So you can define as No/Unit/or Hrs.

HTH

Alex
Brennan Westworth
User offline. Last seen 7 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Budget Manhours can be displayed in a column using custom data items.

you wouldnt bother displaying budget quantity of materials in a column due to mixed units.