Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

filter for open ends !?

1 reply [Last post]
Mary JoAnn
User offline. Last seen 17 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have got a EPC linked schedule. I want to delete all the Engg & Proc activities and just leave Construction in the schedule.

Obviously once I delete the E & P portion out, there will be many Construction activities without predecessors.

How do I filter out such activities from construction without any predecessors ?

Thankyou.

Replies

DATTATREYA PADHARTHI
User offline. Last seen 5 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
It’s somewhat lengthy.
Donot delete activities (E&P) initially. Export all activities (E&P) with successor relationship. You will get construction activities having atleast one Engg/Proc predessor.
Take the successor column & add a temporary activity code (Please add the same code in P3 file).
Import the file in P3 & select activities having this code.
Those Construction activities are the ones without predessor (E&P).
Please note that those activities having Constrn activities as predessor will also appear. (e.g Installation of Equipment will have , 1) delivery of eqpt & 2) foundation of Eqpt as predessor. So take this into consideration.

Regards
Dattatreya Sriniwas