Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

New icon on tollbar

1 reply [Last post]
Aydin Valiyev
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
It’s obvious that we can add new buttons to the toolbar from Tools-Options-Toolbar. If scrool down on "Toolbar configuration" window, there are 8 buttons to each one you can assign new functions. First button works by defoult for opening "Check in-check out" window.

I would like to assign following sequence to a second button : "Tools-Tabular Reports-Resource-Loading" and "Tools-Project Utilities-Import" to third button.

I found following code for the fisrt button in P3 text file:

[Applications]
App1=Project Check-in/Check-out
Cmd1=C:\P3WIN\P3PROGS\P3CHKOUT.EXE

But don’t know how to modify as I desire. Is that possible?

P.S. And second question, but not so much important: Scroll up and down in my P3 works only if I drag down and up. How to make it work from mouse scroll wheel?

Replies

Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 9 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Hi Aydin, The 8 buttons you saw in Toolbar Configuration are to launch the .EXE, .COM or .BAT extension files from P3. You can configure all those files in P3.INI upto 8 applications. To add icon for Tabular Reports, open Toolbar Configuration > highlight Report Production icon > Insert > OK. Regards.