Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 lifecycle

2 replies [Last post]
Nozar Naghani
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Pros (both P3 & P3e/ec),
I heard that primavera is not going to improve p3 or release a higher version.
I can still see large companies running more than 10 projects on P3, sticking their own methodology for portfolio management ;)
But It really looks that p3 is getting retired.

Is it time for P3 planners to start worrying about their future job and start working on P3e as soon as possible? Or there is still a few more years for P3e to monopolize the market?

I hope that this thread can give an idea about p3 lifecycle and specifically forecasting the time for everybody to switch to P3e family.

Thanks
Nozar

PS: If this subject was previously discussed, please accept my apologies and help me to find the thread.

Replies

Nozar Naghani
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Vladimir
Thanks for your reply.
For sure I am interested in the seminar.
My email address is scheduler@gmail.com
Please forward the details to me.
Nozar,
monopoly is not constructive. In Russia many companies switched to Spider Project (from P3e too). Before choosing what to use try alternatives.
On January 8 I will make a presentation in California with the short 4 hours review of advanced project management methods and tools that are supported by this package. Are you interested in attending this seminar?