Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

ACCURACY OF SCHEDULE UPDATE INFORMATION

2 replies [Last post]
Kris Harry
User offline. Last seen 13 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have noticed at times that the information coming for schedule update is not accurate. We therefore get results which do not reflect the true picture of the project. This becomes the Planner’s problem. Any suggestions and experiences on how to increase the accuracy and also to get the update information on time.

Replies

Richard Brodit
User offline. Last seen 16 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Kris,

I’m with Harry about the accuracy of the information, An old verbatim in computer says "The computer will only process what you input" GIGO.

I have been using P3 since the DOS version and I haven’t encountered their scheduling tool inaccurate. Maybe we have to check the setting or links,lags or constraints of the programme before we schedule the programme.

Next time when you encounter it, tell us which"inaccurate" information you are referring to. and maybe we can offer some more ideas. JUST A Thought!

Regards,

Richard
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Is this a P3 specific question? It seems more appropriate for the general planning forum.

In general, the degree of detail in the plan will affect the accuracy of progress reporting. The more detail in the plan, the less guesswork is involved in estimating completion for a given task.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems - eTaskMaker Project Planning Software