Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Target Plan

7 replies [Last post]
Christian Adrian ...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi There,

I would like to seek any advice from you guys out there. I have this problem of updating the progress of Target 2. Here is the case; I have 3 files the BASE(TARGET 1), ASPL(TARGET 2), & the CURR, everytime I do an Update Progress in ASPL it doesn’t seem to come up with the accurate result. Everytime I update to a new data date some activities that has already past this date doesn’t give a 100% complete value, so everytime I compare the Percent complete of the Target 2 vs. the current progress it does not give me the accurate data, as a result I have to manually update the ASPL to correct it in comparision with the CURR. I haven’t encounter this problem before but now it appears that I have to deal with this...Thanks in advance to everyone.

Replies

Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Agree with Dayan last post, but for schedule with sub project. Check this.Go to
TOOLS>>>>SCHEDULE>>>>OPTIONS>>>>>ADVANCE>>>>go to TICK PROJECT GROUP SCHEDULING & PROJECT GROUP....
HOPE everything is ok

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Christian, have you tried the function on P3: Tools -> Project Utilities -> Targets -> select the target -> press Update button.
Target 2 will be updated by the value on CURR.
(Before you try, make copy first, just in case)
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
As a suggestion pls check your layout of TARGET 2 file................ may be some activities might have been hidden due to filter set up or organization set up....................and run schedule after progress update option, try to navigate the links between activities which is not giving 100% eventhough the activity is scheduled to be completed with reference to the data date, may be some activities might not have been closed well within the data date during previous progress updates due to some reasons like layout setup etc.............

Check for the option choosen in the update progress under
estimate progress within updateperiod for:
option 1. All activities
2. Selected activities

Click option 1 to be checked properly, Also note that some activities completion date if fall exactly on the data date will not show 100%

i hope that the above will solve your problem.............
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Deleted.................
Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
You could update one, and export the progress information in the other.

Christian Adrian ...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Maria but it is only under one project and the data date for the CURR vs. ASPL are the same.. I still cant figure how can this be possible & how can I resolve this in a faster way because updating the ASPL manually and checking the CURR takes to much time...

regards,

Christian
Maria Ahlberg
User offline. Last seen 13 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
It may be a bigger problem, but check if you have the same data date in all sub-projects. I run across the result you describe when one sub-project had slipped in updating and we had 2 different data dates in the same main project (for you Target 2) Different data dates can give strange results.
/Maria