Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Driven Predecessors List

10 replies [Last post]
Ali Vessali
User offline. Last seen 7 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Dear P3 users;

I want to create a list of driven predecessors only. As you know in Predecessor field, P3 will list all Predecessors of each activity sorted by Act. ID, but I’m looking for a way to list just driven ones or at least show driven ones first then non-driven.
Anybody has experience or tips?

Thanks,
Ali Vessali

Replies

Jorge Taguinod
User offline. Last seen 2 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ali!

Based on your post, I agree with Nihats solution. If this is not acceptable to you, can you please explain why you need to get this so I can understand and perhaps provide another option.

Best regards,

Jorge P3 Taguinod
Crown Systems
Syed Ali Hasan
User offline. Last seen 8 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

Most of the EXCEL file macros are supplied by Primavera Systems, Inc in the P3 3.0, P3 3.1 in the SUPPORT/UTILS/EXCEL folder in the CD. There are also other useful utilities in the Support folder of the CD. You can also download the latest EXCEL macros from Primaveras Knowledgebase on Primaveras web site.

Best wishes,

Syed Hasan
Primaveras PAR in the Middle East.
Puneet Arora
User offline. Last seen 14 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Khaled, you can save a lot of planners of misery. Can U mail the file to me please.

Puneet
puneet.arora@eil.co.in
Nishikant Choudhary
User offline. Last seen 20 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Khalid , can u please share the excel macro with me , cos i think thats the best way , even i would like to test my relationships and logic in @ 4000 activities that i have to go through to ensure its veracity,please.

Thanks and best regards,
Nishikant
Ali Vessali
Nihat;

Thanks, I will try that way.

Ali Vessali
Ali Vessali
Khalid;
I think you are talking about RA application. But, anyhow would you please send your file to this address: avessali@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Ali Vessali
Nihat Yildirim
User offline. Last seen 2 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Trace Logic might be configured so that it just displays driving activities. This is helpful.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Dear Ali

There is an excel file contains macro, you can get predeccessor through this file contains predeccessor and column contains driving relation if it drifing (True) or if it is not driving (false) so you can make a filter in Excel to delete (False) and you will find only driving relationship send me your email to send you the file

my email
kh_abdelaal@hotmail.com

Khalid Abdelaal
Ali Vessali
Thanx Khalid,

But you know the result of that report. Actually Im working on a detailed schedule with more than 5,000 activities. In such schedule there are several predecessors and/or successors for more activities. So, I want to create a report to show just Driven links to trace the logic easier.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Ali Vessali
Khalid Abdelaal
User offline. Last seen 6 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Ali Alsalamo Alikom

you can creat this list in tabular report (Tools-tabular report- Schedule)and from content window chose detailed predecessor.
this report contains all predeccesor and signifies driving relation by astric *

rega

Khalid Abdelaal