Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Fragnet & Project Loop

9 replies [Last post]
Ali Hamouda
User offline. Last seen 8 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi there, Did some one uses Fragnet before?and how? Can we consider Fragnet as a Loop of a Project so as to build the Project from one Loop(i.e a group of activites to be repeated for all Zones/or Floors/or Building). Regards Ali ---------------------

Replies

Syed Maqsood Ahmed
User offline. Last seen 4 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Mr.Bernard,

Am checking the software...thanks for the information.

with regards,

Syed.
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
If you are using fragnets, I’d encourage you to look at eTaskMaker. It’s a more sophisticated and scalable system for managing repetitive project scope.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems
Syed Maqsood Ahmed
User offline. Last seen 4 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,

My fragnet function in P3 is not working...if I say say store fragnet, it is showing the message ..."unable to add fragnet to project" for all schedules.

Can anybody help me solve this.

thanks and regards,
syed
Ali Vessali
User offline. Last seen 7 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ali, As I know, Fragnet can be a small project, a sub project or a series of activities from a existing project, which can be saved separetly in a template and you can use it sevral times, in the current project or any other project. So there are diffrences between Fragnet and Copy-Paste (as Mohd mentioned).When we copy a series of activities,they will save in the clipboard as a temporary data and will be replaced by other data later. So you can't use them as a template data. Please note that all internal relationships will remain when you retrive a Fragnet, but you will need to define all external relationships after retriving. If you need more info regarding the store & retrive a Fragnet and more usage of this command, please don't hesitate to contact me. best regards, A.Vessali
Saleh Elshobokshi
User offline. Last seen 4 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Yes Ali, fragnets are a group of activities that are repeated several times in a project, example are the construction of RC slabs, walls, columns, and stairs in a multi floor builfing, also the procurement of goods. etc.
Mohd Mahd
User offline. Last seen 16 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
thanks for it. let me read it. i will let u know if any question, if u never mind it. my regards, mohd
Colin Cropley
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
The 256k document (fragnets2.pdf) referred to in my previous message is now available at http://www.anzpug.org. Select from the menu bar on the leftside of the home page, "Useful Information" under Resources, then the second item on that page. Regards Colin Cropley
Mohd Mahd
User offline. Last seen 16 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
as far as i concern, and in simple term, like a "saved" copy and paste. think of it like copy and paste. in some how, (as far as i concern), i prefer copy and paste, as u have a better control in renaming, and sometimes with relations to existing activities. regards, mohd
Colin Cropley
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Ali Yes, fragnets are a good choice for repeating sequences of activities, but it is not a good idea to call them "Project Loops" as this indicates a set of activities that loop back on themselves (sequence of successors ends in a predecessor to first activity in the loop). The instructions in P3 help are pretty clear on how to build and use fragnets, but if you cannot follow them, please email me and I will email you back a document with screen dumps explaining how to build and use fragnets. The document was prepared for a particular project, but can be followed for any situation. Regards Colin Cropley