Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How do you interpret the wording of these different day count milestones?

6 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

If "days count milestones" are phrased differently, how do you interpret:
Submit within five (5) calendar days after NTP0" vs these others. = Start count day "After" ntp?
Submit within 5 calendar days of the NTP0 date. = Start count the day of NTP?
Within 5 calendar days after proceed date in issuance of LNTP. = Start count day "After" ntp?
If it sais to start count at NTP0, but a LNTP is issued (with the next being 1) = are they the same thing and do they have to start the count no matter what it is called?

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

If you used Finished Milestone instead of Start Milestone, it will not give extra day on the roll up. It is also a good practice having a WBS NTP Milestone and a separate WBS Stage/ Phase with start milestone.

John Reeves

OK, I agree with both of your interpretations.  Doesn't this give your roll up bars and extra day? Don't you have to have two start milestones then, I do, and I have to put the NTP in a different WBS to keep it from rolling up and adding the day to summary bars - you don't want to have explain in meetings why it is wrong.  I am seeing it more, but it is in-consistent.

John Reeves

OK, I agree with both of your interpretations.  Doesn't this give your roll up bars and extra day? Don't you have to have two start milestones then, I do, and I have to put the NTP in a different WBS to keep it from rolling up and adding the day to summary bars - you don't want to have explain in meetings why it is wrong.  I am seeing it more, but it is in-consistent.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

5 days after NTP to me should not count the date of the issuance of NTP. What if the issuance is at 5:00 pm the day is already over you really can do anything on that day. 

Rodel Marasigan

Typical contract always stated “NTP +” therefore after NTP. If the contract states NTP0 meaning day 0 is NTP and day 1 is after NTP. I have not encountered a contract that NTP is counted as day 1 because it is debatable especially the timing when the NTP was serve.

Rodel Marasigan