Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Engineering Sequencing

5 replies [Last post]
Eric Gonzalez
User offline. Last seen 4 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

I am trying to schedule an EPC project but I am unsure of the logic that is incorpoarted in each discipline: Process, Mechanincal, Structure/Civil, instrumentation, Electrical, and Piping. Also, how are disciplines connected to one another? If anyone can please send me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. 

Eric Gonzalez

Replies

Eric Gonzalez

Thanks, Joannes. I recently downloaded his book. 

Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi Eric

I suggest to use the book "The Oil & Gas Engineering guide 3rd Edition "by Herve Baron.

Regards

Johannes

Eric Gonzalez

Bryc, 

That is exactly what I am looking for. The linkage between each dicipline to one another plus the flow within each discipline. I am new to EPC work and I am trying to have a good understanding of the sequencing of drawings and such. 

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

typically EPC includes enginering procurement and construction

for for the E part of this you typically have a few major milestones for the design drawings and specifications which is the 

30% completion

60% completion

90% completion

and IFC (issue for construction)

Typically each discipline would need information from the other so that they can continue with their portion of the design

For the P part procurement once you hit the 90% Design completion level or you can wait unilt ithe issuance of the IFC drawings thne purchasing can begin to buy out the LOP's large purchase orders and buy out the project

for the C part construction once you know what you are building you can begin to create the installation schedule and inorporate the dates that you got from the procurement to ensure that the materials and equipment will be there in time to support the installation. 

bryc ali
User offline. Last seen 1 year 41 weeks ago. Offline

What you need exactelly ? there is a lot relation between the dicipline foir exemple Process and piping or civil work and equipement...