Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Benefits of mobile App application?

4 replies [Last post]
nikhil joseph
User offline. Last seen 8 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Internet is faster and mobile technology has created a drastic change in the business. Technology had reached the next level as many software's had started to install mobile Apps. Would this increase the software growth and will it be helpful for small business owners.

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

photo useless_zpsh6vjmaah.png

Daniel Jenkins

Hi Vladimir the app I've seen only reads XERs so doesn't allow editting but it does offer customisable views of the gantt and histograms so I'd say it's way better than a paper print out on site.  I think it works on ipads too which is still pretty mobile but maybe more practical.  I just think that now everyone has a mobile and these apps are so cheap that sharing the schedule this way and getting everyone to buy into it and work to it can only be a good thing?

Is it practical to view serious project schedule usually consisting of many thousands lines on iPhones? Is it practical to create, schedule and level serious projects, simulate risks, etc. in the cloud?

Daniel Jenkins
Yes I agree. Moving forward mobile apps seem to be a must. Useful when working on site. I know a few colleagues of mine have downloaded an app for their iPhones from the Apple Store to view XER schedules. Not sure if there is anything available on android though. I may give it a go. Can't believe how fast technology has moved in the last ten years.