Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Non-Linear Actual Resource Units Spend

1 reply [Last post]
Lewis Hadaway
User offline. Last seen 10 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

New to the forum, signed up specifically to ask this question.

I'm trying to add actuals to a plan of mine and I'm zoomed in so I can see the days within the week. When I assign, say, 40 units over 5 days, it will split it:

Mon: 8 Tue: 8 Wed: 8 Thu: 8 Fri 8

I receive timesheets where the units are irregular and are not linearly spread, for example:

Mon 6: Tue: 10 Wed 7.5 : Thur: 8.25 Fri: 8.25

Is there any way, when in the resource assignments view, with the table displaying actual units, to have it display the actual units spent rather than it spreading it linearly?

Kind regards,

Lewis.

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 28 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Lewis - welcome to planning planet.

I hope you remain with us for a few more discussions.

The usual way of reporting actual resource deployment is to add the total hours up to the report date.

This is best done on a spreadsheet and the results copied to the planning software.

I have no knowledge of how it can be done on a day by day basis unless you put a drop line for each day which would be cumbersome.

Maybe someone will come up with your answer - they usually do.

Best regards

Mike Testro