Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Actual Resource Utilization Updation

2 replies [Last post]
Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Hi

Resource projection for a particular activity from the planned programme normally differs from the actually differ from the actual usage in the site. It can be either over or under from what was projected.

I happened to hear that this has to be corrected or updated in the programme else the projects where in the activity counts exceeds 50000 will go out of control.

Can any 1 tell me how it is done!!!!!!!!

I happened to learn that it has to be adjusted in the cost

has any1 encountered this ?

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 13 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
...instructions in a matter of minutes from the help function....
Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 13 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Absolutely actual hours spent neded to be entered into the programme. Without this information, you have no way of knowing your productivity, your earned value, or indeed your project completion costs!

As to how to do this, it will of course depend on the software you are using, but it is such a basic part of planning that you should be able to find instructions in a matter of minutes.

Cheers,

G