Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

I saw an advertisement for a cool 1 page multi proj Summary Gantt Software Program - now I can't find it...

8 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 22 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Need some help jogging my memory....

I saw an advertisement for a cool Summary Gantt Software Program - now I can't find it... Kidasa is nice, but that wasn't it...this one had a graphic of like a bunch of projects on one page, like planning, design, procure, construct - but it handled the bars a little different so you could put a bunch of project summaries on one page...CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE NAME - MY GOOGLE attempts have failed...I could have sworn I saw the advertisement on this site - OR SOME SIMILAR site, I can't recall...might have been one of the scrolling non-partner advertisements...It was called like Summary Gantt - but that is too broad to google it....it did note it somewhere but can't find that either...

Replies

Rob Kane
User offline. Last seen 3 years 41 weeks ago. Offline

Hey there, I have been looking for something myself and have come up with a few options.

1. There is a company called chroniclegraphics which might be it.

2. Milestones professional

3. and there is an oracle partner called emerald-associates which has a few good products one of them seems to be able to write to visio.

Rob

Rob Kane
User offline. Last seen 3 years 41 weeks ago. Offline

Hey there, I have been looking for something myself and have come up with a few options.

1. There is a company called chroniclegraphics which might be it.

2. Milestones professional

3. and there is an oracle partner called emerald-associates which has a few good products one of them seems to be able to write to visio.

Rob

John Reeves

Still have not found the software I saw an advertisement for.  The software that I saw had like 12 mini-schedules on 1 sheet, had like engineering, procurement, construction with a different shape and color for each.  It was software that did this off a set of dates not just excel charts pasted because it had the different timelines fitting in standard size boxes…there is a software I thought might be it called onepager, but I don't think that is it based on the samples I saw.

John Reeves

No these are not the product.  This product is much more simple.  I remember the graphic I saw had a project with 4 bars: ie engineering, procurement, construction...each bar was a different shape and color - it was in a 2" x 2" box, then under it was another project in same format with different dates so that you could see many projects on one page.  There is a product similar called OnepagerPro but I do not think that is it either.  I like this product because it provides a nice summary page of multiple small simple projects.  Can't quite do that in excel (at lease easily) because I am sure the bar length works off works off dates for reference, the format is impressive, etc...  I wrote it down but then lost the info...I think it was one of those types of ads a site where the site does not control the ads...just get paid for the rotating space...

hany esmael
User offline. Last seen 5 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Renee Woolley
User offline. Last seen 9 years 47 weeks ago. Offline

Hi John,

I bet you are thinking of Netpoint.  This is a graphic scheduling tool that is very intuitive and flexible. To verify, see below one plan that is swim-laned like descriobed in your post and another that shows the summary level at the top and the project areas/swim lanes below. Take a look at pmetechnologies.com for details (PMA Tehcnologies is a Planning Planet Partner).   

epc_summary_w_swim_lanes.png

summary__detailed_schdule_in_one.jpg

Christine P
User offline. Last seen 9 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Might it be a standard bit of software with all the bars rolled up?

Christine P
User offline. Last seen 9 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Might it be a standard bit of software with all the bars rolled up?