Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Actual Expense cost in Activity usage profile didnt match Actual payment done in that month

No replies
Ibraham Alm
User offline. Last seen 9 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Cost is added as Expense not resource. % complete type is physical. and duration is fix duration & units. Every activity has a fixed cost assigned under expense. Contract is design build. 
Contractor submit us monthly invoice generated from P6 which contains activities done in that particular month and their % complete/progress which after site visit and verification we approve. contractor submit schedule update 2-3 months late like June 2014 update submitted in Sep 2014 while payment is being done on monthly basis. 

While i was comparing the paid bills for months with schedule update (activity usage profile/ S curve) the actual expense cost in profile generated by same same schedule shows different values as actual expense cost..not the same we paid. 
e.g we paid 2 million in april, 3 million in may and 2.5 million in june. but now when i have received schedule update for june (data date 30 June) from contractor it shows higher actual values for these months (april may & june). I think it should match what we paid in that month as payment was made on progress. bt the profile is showing higher peaks as per scale if i compare it with actual payments. 

Please repl