Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

SAMPLE HOSPITAL PROGRAM SCHEDULE

6 replies [Last post]
Dura Cell
User offline. Last seen 3 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

I would like to ask if somebody could send me a copy of hospital building schedule.

It is my first time to do hospital project and I need some reference.

Please send to my email d.cell@yahoo.com

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks and regards All members

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 25 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

I would suggest to sit down and create it yourself with the help of the other parties involved collaborate with everyone. This way when someone like you ask for something like this you can give it to them. 

As previously mentioned all hospitals are not the same especially when it comes to the MEP work.

Start with the site work, then the footers, then building structure, then the roof, then the skin, then concentrate on fitting out of the building for the interior work including any special MEP systems then any owner furnished materials.

some of the information that you are asking for is proprietary 

But it looks like a start to me.

Anthony Lowery
User offline. Last seen 33 weeks 13 hours ago. Offline

Yes, several hospitals under my belt and like said in the other posts the MEP (Mechanical Electrical Plan) is one of the toughest in the industry.  There are so many vairances, depending on the design firm, the region (some areas may have a high incidence of tuberculosis and then require UV treatment of all air movement) and other varying details.  You will need the specifications to look at all sections of the MasterFormat to see everything that should be addressed.

Anthony Lowery
User offline. Last seen 33 weeks 13 hours ago. Offline

Yes, several hospitals under my belt and like said in the other posts the MEP (Mechanical Electrical Plan) is one of the toughest in the industry.  There are so many vairances, depending on the design firm, the region (some areas may have a high incidence of tuberculosis and then require UV treatment of all air movement) and other varying details.  You will need the specifications to look at all sections of the MasterFormat to see everything that should be addressed.

A R Pandian S
User offline. Last seen 9 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All:

Please share the sample schedules / formats for the hospiital construction project to use as a template.

Please send to pandian85@rediffmail.com

Thanks in advance to all Members

A R Pandian

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Dura,

First off, you can not rely on another project's programme, the best thing you can do is to read all the working documents specially the scope of works, BoQ, Milestones, key dates, access dates, Particular Specifications and Contract.

As Mike said, the complicated part is the MEP works because of the numerous services that needs to be installed. Normally, the integrated MEP working drawings are not yet done at the start of the project, hence, you need to assume the most logical sequence of works to get your programme approved. List down all the MEP services, and get a sequence and cross section arrangement agreed with the MEP construction team. Normally the gravity pipes (plumbing) comes first simply because you can not divert them when there is a clash. Find out which ones are embeded in the structure (normally conduits for Electrical and ELV system), this can be scheduled as part of the structure. The HVAC system in a hospital is also complicated. The remaining services should be installed according to elevations in your agreed sequence and cross section.

Other important interface issues you need to consider, you need a water tight building or at least several floors before you can start your MEP works. 

Good Luck

Daniel

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 26 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Dura

If you have never planned a hospital before then you are facing a big problem - they are the most complex structures - particularly in respect of MEP.

You can forget 1st Fix - 2nd Fix etc as there are at least 4 interfaces between as many as 30 services.

If you get the MEP right then the structure will fit in around it.

Best regards

Mike T.