Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Cost Entering in Schedule

1 reply [Last post]
Ashik GB
User offline. Last seen 7 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello Everybody,

I have only BOQ & Mile Stones and we have not seggregated the Cost into seperate resources.

Now i want to enter the cost as per the mile stones for Tracking Purpose.

So, Can anybody help in this regard like assisgning only BOQ rates for the activities or need to enter the individual resources?

Regards,

Ashik

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Not all software require to use resources to assign costs, some allow to assign costs directly to activities as well as to resources. In case your software only allows for costs to be assigned via resources then I suggest using a resource named BOQ Costs, a resource defined not to be leveled, and then use it to assign costs to activities while using cost codes to match BOQ codes and cost centers for detailed distribution and reports.

Please disclose what software you use in order to get a specific answer. I suspect it might be P3, SureTralk, MSP or Asta PP because of your question about the requirement for resources being required to assign costs. And while MSP is the best selling schediling software in the world we do not know if it is the software you are using.