Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MSP resource tracking problem, help needed.

3 replies [Last post]
Bogdan Dinu
User offline. Last seen 11 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Alright,

so I have this new project that started with the planning pretty late so we needed a project plan quickly.

They wanted to track the plan before we got the real resources inplace so I used a fake resource with 2500%.

My problem is,

Exampel at status date:

Act: Build wall | Duration: 32 d | Work: 32 h | Act Work: 0 h | Rem Work: 0 h

Then my projectleader tells me that we already worked 32 hours but we need another 100 to finish the work,

and we still want to finish on 32 days.

Then it looks like this:

Act: Build wall | Duration: 32 d | Work: 132 h | Act Work: 32 h | Rem Work: 100 h

And I get the message:

The resource is assigned outside the original dates for task 19 Build Wall in project "House".

The duration of this fixed-duration task will change to accommodate the resource assignment.

How does MSP handle this? Can someone please try this.

Shouldnt Project ask me if I want to work more hours under this period?

Regards

BD

Replies

Bogdan Dinu

Thank you for your reply Alex,

I will try this!

/Bogdan

Bogdan Dinu