Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

CPA ASSIGNMENT HELP

No replies
brian brown
User offline. Last seen 12 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi, I have just started a basic construction qualification nd im starting to learn the basics of project scheduling. I have been given an assignment to create a Gantt chart, activity on arrow diagram and find the CPA aswell as noting the earliest and latest start times.

I have been given the following information and have typed this into ms project and created a gantt chart. You can see from the chart that tasks D,E and G have no  proceeding activities and the gantt chart shows that the latest finishing time for these 3 task is the last week of the project (week 49) this bit I understand but its when I get to the arrow on node diagram that I get stuck. You can see in pic 1 I have 3 dummy arrow which are the 3 task with no preceding activities, according to the gantt chart these can finish on week 49 so ive typed week 49 ( nodes 5,6 and 8) is this correct???? The other way ive done (pic2) is to change the finish time to the neast node, however on one of them ive had to use a node which is a feww in advance so there isent negative slack. however doing it this way the 3 task dont have a latest finish time of 49 weeks like the gantt chart shows?????

I hope this makes sense toy use. Im sorry if it doesent, but im very new to this.

Could some one please explain if im doing it right and if so, which diagram is correct regarding the slack.

Frank

Activity

Description

Duration (Wk’s)

Proceeding activity

A

Outline Design

None

B

Cost Estimates

A

C