Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

I want to add quantity(area in sqm or no.s)

4 replies [Last post]
vineeth mathew
User offline. Last seen 12 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

hi planners,

how can i assign and define the area of a project..means the schedule for glazing of a building,the wbs prepared is based on floors-

1st floor,2nd floor etc..

i want to add and show the total area of glass using in each floor and no of doors and windows in each floor..

1st Floor

Activity description      Percent complete          Original duration         Quantity

Doors and windows                0                               9                                 -

Glazing                              0                               14                               -

please reply..

vineeth

Replies

In Spider Project this field is called Activity Volume. Volume is a standard field and entering activity Volume and assigned resource productivities you don't need to enter activity duration - it is calculated by the software.

You may define material requirements per unit of volume, unit costs, resource assignment costs depending on volumes performed, etc.

In other softwares you shall use UDF as Mike proposed.

Photobucket

Anand Kurmi
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Vineet,

What mike has written above holds true. Further if you can send me snapshot of the schedul of questioned area i shall be able to answer it

vineeth mathew
User offline. Last seen 12 years 41 weeks ago. Offline

hi mike,

sorry to ask u again..if u dont mind please explain..

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Vineeth

You can set up user defined columns for this data or place the information on your resource modelling section.

Best  regards

Mike Testro