Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MEP Clearance delay : Tower Project : Interior Sub Contractor

4 replies [Last post]
Hemanth Kumar
User offline. Last seen 1 year 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

MEP Clearance Delay  : Tower Project : Interior Subcontractor

during tender stage a sigle date MEP clearance was given for an entire floor ( A floor is having 30 Rooms \Areas)

Interior Sub Contratcor Submitted a plan based on floor clarance dates taking a certain amount of duration to finish a floor , say 100 days

Actually at site only a small  part /  clearance was given on the planned MEP clearance date

and after 100 days still several rooms in a floor not cleared for subcontractor

How effectievely this delay can be demonstarted in updated plan were there is no roomwise plan submitted ?

Thanks

Hemant

Replies

Hemanth Kumar
User offline. Last seen 1 year 12 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks for all

I am planning to proceed like this

I think the duration we have taken in the baseline is  considering a complete clearance at once

if the area is not 100 % cleared , i will have to revise the Original duration based on % age of area cleared

either weighted area or floor are %

regards

Hemant

CHARINA MATIAS
User offline. Last seen 10 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

I would suggest that you list down all the remaining rooms to be cleared. Make an adjustment in your updated plan for the clearances of each room. Take note that the adjustment can cause an additional variation order in the future.

Magdy Mic
User offline. Last seen 11 years 35 weeks ago. Offline

Hii  Hemanth,

I have the same case of that, And the you should send a notice of delay for the MEP contractor or the main contractor, Demonstrate the impact of that delay showing the variance in dates for clearance , Then later on you can send Interim claim taking every delay case individually.

Best Regards

MAGDY

michael ramos
User offline. Last seen 7 years 28 weeks ago. Offline

Hi i think it will be difficult to defend if not room wise

you will need to submit an excel file with room/area wise clearances