Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Just new to me

3 replies [Last post]
Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 35 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Hi to all

I just came across a word called Last planner Method ?
Does it exist ?

Replies

Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 35 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
yes Mr.Mike it is named as last planner method .
Thanks to Mr.John i searched through Google which is reflecting the message you said
John Banks
User offline. Last seen 5 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Las Planner System of Production Control.
Used within Lean Construction companies to reduce variability through use of weekly meetings between the various subcontractor gangers (the last planners). They have to agree through lookaheads what work is planned, what are the blockers to cpompletion and how these can be mitigated. Also analysis on the percentage of last weeks plan complete (PPC)and reasons for failure (we used 5-why analysis). If you google Last Planner System, you’ll get plenty more, but I thought it a good robust system
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Shahul

Are you sure its not Lost Planner Method - that is quite common in the industry.

Or perhaps it refers to the Last Planner Standing after one of our debates on lead / lags.

If it really means the method used by the last planner on the job be very wary of it - he/she obviously quit before the excrement hit the air circulation device.

Best regards

Mike Testro.