Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

No Subject Specified

5 replies [Last post]
urbicio bon yrabono
User offline. Last seen 15 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
a warm greetings to all:

this regarding the issue on developing a programme.as what i have noticed i can link the activities in both bar chart and PERT.
can you please help ma which of this two methods is better?

and lastly,how can i project the concrete pouring schedule in the project lay out,this activity is not continuos everyday.is it possible to be put repeatedly in every part of the building structures?
sample:

Concrete pouring in raft foundation after 1 week
concrete pouring in core walls from B$ to grnd floor.

What i mean which is the best way for me to put the concrete pouring activity while this is not continuous everyday.

your help is highly appreciated.

regards,
bon

Replies

Shahzad Sikandar
User offline. Last seen 6 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
yest thats right

call them Pour 1, pour 2 and so on,
code them if you want to see them in different areas but under one header i-e Concrete Pour (once all pour activities are coded against activity code (concrete pour)

you could also do resource linking or concrete supply linking.

hope this helps

cheers
urbicio bon yrabono
hi anoon,

thanks for the information you’ve given.

regards,

bon
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
there is no problem if you repeat the same activities a thousand times, in construction, it is the only way, i suggest you use activity codes (more flexible)

For example:

1.layout
2.formworks
3.rebars
4.quality inspection
5.place/pour concrete
6.strip formworks

you can repeat the same group of activities (above)for all the concrete structures that you may have.

once you have established your codings, then it’s easy to apply filters, so that you will only show "pour concrete" to occur on certain dates.

hth
urbicio bon yrabono
hi mr. charlie,

thanks for your help. i will do it.

regards,

bon
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Bon,

You need to establish WBS at sufficient level to place common activity pour concrete.

Please review the idea behind WBS

Regards,
Charlie